Monday, November 21, 2016

Guide to Emailing a College Coach

This post goes out to high school soccer players who are aspiring to play at the college level. One of the hardest things to do in the recruiting process is sit down and write an email to a college coach that contains enough detail about yourself to peak their interest. Today I am providing a sample letter that will help get you started.


Hello Coach ______,
My name is ______. I am __ years old and a ____ at (school name) in (City, State). I play club soccer for (team name). (Here is where you write details about your team such as what division you play in.) I also play (Varsity or JV) soccer at _______. (Now explain why you are interested in the school of the coach you are emailing. Let them know what stands out to you about them)
(In this paragraph talk about yourself as a soccer player. Let them know what positions you can play and where you are most useful on the field.)
(In this paragraph talk about the tournaments your team will be playing in. That way the coach has an opportunity to come and watch you play in person.)
I have attached my game schedule below. Please feel free to reach out to my club coach (coaches name) at 000-000-0000 for more information about me as a player. Or you can reach me at 000-000-0000. Good luck in your season and hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely, (your name)


Whether or not you choose follow this exact format is up to you. But this email provides a baseline with all the information that should be included in an email to get recruited for college soccer.


Best of luck!

1 comment:

  1. I have always wondered how high school students go about being recruited by college scouts. Cool!

    ReplyDelete